Stainless steel is one of the best materials for a cookware
, because it is durable and attractive. However, unlike the care of aluminum pans
, stainless steel can be difficult to clean and maintain if we use it and clean it in the wrong way. The best option is learning the properties of this material, because some food tends to stick
because the stainless-steel kitchenware doesn’t have a nonstick coating.
For this reason, it is very important to clean the stainless steel in the way indicated, but it is also important to maintain it with its natural shine. Above all, if we see that over time the brightness goes out and some spots appears.
How to correctly cook with stainless steel
Although stainless steel pots and pans are very resistant, we must cook with them properly, since the film could be damaged by dirt or cleaning chemicals.
– Make sure that the stove or hob is not larger or smaller than the base of the pot. If so, the heat will not be distributed as it should.
– Preheat the pot before anything else. Then add enough cooking oil to cover the surface, and then add the food. Never remove with metal utensils. Always wood or silicone.
– Careful, do not add salt directly in an empty piece, because it is an acid and it could create stains.
How to correctly clean stainless steel
Stainless steel is chosen precisely because in general, bacteria do not adhere to the material. Still, it is necessary to take into account several tips.
– Try to clean stainless steel pans, saucepans and pots quickly after using them, to ensure that the remains do not leave stains.
– It is always better to dry stainless steel pots by hand, to avoid rust formation. Although this can be easily removed with a special metal cleaner for kitchen utensils or with some homemade tips that we will explain below.
– You can also wash it in the dishwasher, although over time the appearance of the piece may deteriorate and lose its brightness. However, this will not decrease its functional use.
Keep in mind that although stains appear, it doesn’t mean that stainless steel is of poor quality, because these can be produced by salt, the minerals from water or substances contained in food, among other things. But all this in any case will affect the proper functioning of the utensil.
The best homemade stainless-steel cleaner
– Baking soda is very advisable to finish with the stains that have already penetrated the stainless steel. In addition, it is an ecological cleaner, is not toxic and is mild enough to use in stainless steel but powerful enough to remove the most difficult dirt. You just have to add some bicarbonate to the affected pot, leave it there for a few minutes and rub it with a damp sponge until the stains disappears.
– Vinegar can be used too. You just have to fill the pot with a little water and vinegar. Then make it boil. When the mixture it’s not so hot rub with a soft sponge. Before drying it, you can take a cloth, soak it with vinegar and do a last review of the whole piece. You’ll see how you get visible results immediately.
– Natural cleaning paste is also a very good option. You can find it at any DIY store. It’s natural properties clean, degrease, polish and create a waterproof effect on the surface. It is highly recommended to clean the kitchen: ceramic hobs and induction, sinks, countertops, tiles and cast-iron pans. But also, for silver jewelry, car tires, resin furniture, among several things.
HOW MANY TIMES CAN COOKING OIL BE REUSED? HOW SAFE IS REUSING FRYING OIL?
SECRETS TO GRILL LIKE A CHEF
HOW TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN A GOOD NON-STICK FRYING PAN AND A BAD ONE AT A GLANCE